Researching Possible/Probable props themed from 1910-1918 Belgium ain't easy! There are many routes I could go down to find a good reference to a probable and interesting prop to make that relates to our subject matter: World War One meets Belgian society. The problem is, as I've mentioned before it seems production of pretty much everything ceased, slowed down or was limited and instead military artillery was made! What I've decided to do is research French/ Belgian antiques from 1900-1910 and if i can find it interiors and exteriors for good reference and inspiration! Antique sites are good and even eBay for photos of dealers antiques. I've found a french antique book that I will look into. I've also come across a film called A very long engagement (which i mentioned in my first post) I've found clips and screen shots of the characters in the cottage in the french countryside, I think these could give me some insight, inspiration and maybe reference into life in Europe during WW1!.
I made some Fimo models during the summer aswell themed to WW1/ 1914-1918... Assuming food was rationed and limited and most would have been non-commercialized I stuck to eggs bread and milk! Oh and a clock!
No comments:
Post a Comment