So the summer project... after reading the brief and trying to interpret it I concluded that i needed to make some sort of story, visual board representing life's anguishes in Flanders, Belgium during 1914- 1918. When approaching new projects I’ve always tended to make the final outcome first and work on my journal/sketch book after- this I have found has been one of my fatal flaws in education, and decided as I was to be a university student I should start doing things “the right way”. So I approached the summer project with A LOT of research, which was hard to come by, as I found during world war 1 production stopped, all history books focus on the war and not a lot else. Finding information on subjects other than the war about
Saturday, 17 September 2011
Summer Project...
So I only just found out about this Blogger thingy, I've never used it before and to be honest don't really know what its for... Its typical of my character to procrastinate and be late, BUT late is better the never so this is my first and possibly worst "Blog", ENJOY!
So the summer project... after reading the brief and trying to interpret it I concluded that i needed to make some sort of story, visual board representing life's anguishes in Flanders, Belgium during 1914- 1918. When approaching new projects I’ve always tended to make the final outcome first and work on my journal/sketch book after- this I have found has been one of my fatal flaws in education, and decided as I was to be a university student I should start doing things “the right way”. So I approached the summer project with A LOT of research, which was hard to come by, as I found during world war 1 production stopped, all history books focus on the war and not a lot else. Finding information on subjects other than the war aboutBritain let alone Belgium was troublesome… In all I visited 3 libraries around my area and raided mine and my mums book collection to reference about seven or eight books, one film, one TV production and a various amount of internet sites. To name a few: The collectors book of 20th century Fashion, Frances Kennett; The Wipers Times: The complete series of the wartime trench newspaper, Ian Hislop; World War 1 day by day, Ian Watwell; 1914 Days of hope, Lyn MacDonald; A very long engagement, 2004 film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Chickens, 2011 Channel 4 comedy production and of course lots of “Wiki” – not always very reliable so any information I got from there a backed up with books!
So the summer project... after reading the brief and trying to interpret it I concluded that i needed to make some sort of story, visual board representing life's anguishes in Flanders, Belgium during 1914- 1918. When approaching new projects I’ve always tended to make the final outcome first and work on my journal/sketch book after- this I have found has been one of my fatal flaws in education, and decided as I was to be a university student I should start doing things “the right way”. So I approached the summer project with A LOT of research, which was hard to come by, as I found during world war 1 production stopped, all history books focus on the war and not a lot else. Finding information on subjects other than the war about
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment